Wednesday 18 January 2017

34 Year Old Man Realises Nothing Will Ever be as Good as Necromunda


Toby Jackson, 34 of Essex UK, has come to the realisation that nothing in life will ever be as good as the 1995 Game Workshop Sci-Fi Skirmish game Necromunda.

The Greatest Box Cover Art of all time.

"I used to play Necromunda every weekend when I was a school.  I spent so many hours levelling up my gangs"  said Toby "I have now realised that I have spent my entire adult life trying to recapture that thrill and excitement."

"I remember the day I left school and passed my GSCE's with flying colours.  It was great but it wasn't quite as good as the time I took out my friends Goliath leader in the first turn with a well placed Boltgun shot" Toby remembered misty-eyed.  "The day I met my wife was one of the best days of my life, but it couldn't match when my first Juve levelled up to be a Ganger."

"Our wedding day was obviously beautiful"  Mr Jackson continued "but not quite as beautiful as the time my Van Saar gang managed to win a four-way gang fight only taking one casualty," said Toby wiping a tear from his eye.  "I cried when my first child was born of course, but not nearly as much as when my Van Saar leader died after levelling his up for two and a half years."

Mr Jackson could barely hold back the tears as he finished "I guess I have had a good life...but I still think of that Van Saar gang everyday.  I really miss those guys."

9 comments:

  1. Sometimes I daydream about my hometown, but mostly about that Workshop I won in a gangfight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also reminisce about when my arbiter crushed my friends gang. Excellent blog just found it. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also remember my first tournament when my Van Saar juve popped my opponents heavy and knocked him out with a single round from his stub pistol... (wipes tear away)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I know that feeling :)
    Thanks for posting that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greatest moment was my ganger annilated a gang on his own icronic slime good aul gouser Bursted two scavies in hand to hand

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treacherous Conditions used to give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My tooled up leader, 250+XP, power sword in hand, charged a green juve. 3 fumbles later, and a critical hit from the juve, leader down and out! Roll on injury table, dead, re-roll for doc, still dead. Ah crap! Still remember it to this day, still brings a tear to my eye! What a game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember one of my very first Necromunda games when I hardly knew what I was doing... sabotage mission, house Delaque had already blew up the objective and were hightailing it out of there. I swung my Orlock heavy in position for one desperate long-range shot with heavy bolter, sustained fire... and took out all 5 gangers right on their table edge. Caused 4 wounds to three of them- killed two outright. Great times.

    ReplyDelete